As international trade has increased drastically during the past years, the link from farmer to processing facility to transportation increasingly passes through cold storage en route to ever more distant markets. Instead of simply serving as warehouses to store overflow, Cold Stores are now expected to provide sophisticated value-added services. The industry is moving beyond the traditional freezer box approach. With the growing demands to store and distribute temperature-sensitive products in potent condition, organizations are seeking better solutions to maintain and monitor cold chain. The success of implementing cold chain management involves continual monitoring of product temperature throughout distribution and having appropriate corrective action plans in place.
Cold Chain is now a Sunrise Sector in India. The Cold Chain market is valued at INR 89 billion and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11%.Government backing will help boost the capacity creation for cold storages while new players are gradually venturing into the more profitable refrigerated transport services. In India, the key challenges of the cold chain market include lack of logistical support, uneven distribution of cold chains, cost structure and power supply.
ThinkLink's Cold Chain Solutions enable companies in developing intelligent storage systems to avoid perishing of products, implementing effective distribution processes to ensure there is no negative impact on the safety, efficacy or quality and devising and developing optimal thermally managed infrastructure including a process control plan. We at ThinkLink have the right credentials to be your partner and our customized business solutions ensure that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more efficient processes, and secure lasting results.
Please refer to our solutions for the Cold Chain Sector below:
- Landscaping of Cold Chain Sector : Feasibility studies including financial analysis of Brownfield and Greenfield Cold Chains
- Cold Chain Strategy : Network Design, Cold Chain Benchmarking, Cold Storage Infrastructure, Location, Market Entry, Nature and mix of Products, etc.
- Facility Layout and Engineering : Turnkey Build-out of a Modern Cold Storage Infrastructure including layout ,design, refrigeration techniques, design of air circulation, material handling equipment, insulation and panels, IT, storage solutions, and HACCP Systems
- Cold Chain Transport Optimization : Transport Cost reduction through optimization, collaboration, higher asset usage, cross docking, integrated cold chain networks, proper truck refrigeration systems, optimal product and design flow
- Green Cold Chains : Design and build out of sustainable, energy efficient and environment friendly cold chain networks