Infrastructure in the logistics sector such as warehouses, distribution centers, logistics parks, FTZs, cold chains, and manufacturing facilities form the backbone of any business. However, what sets apart a world-class logistics facility from an average one is the excellence in operations in the areas of Processes, People, Technology, and Information.
Organizations are striving to attain matured capabilities in their operations for accurately identifying stakeholder and business needs, defining critical processes that complement these requirements, developing plans that address the overall needs, and implementing these plans on ground to achieve successful and sustainable results. Quantifiable benefits such as maximum space utilization, throughput per man hour, lead time reduction, and cost per piece handled are some of the factors that companies are targeting for easy wins.
ThinkLink has a proven track record in the field of Operations Excellence. We follow a proprietary approach that covers excellence initiatives in the areas of Processes, People, Technology, and Information. Our approach ensures that we create sustainable initiatives right from initial assessment until the end delivery of an operational excellence program.
The key components of our proprietary process are shown on the right. Some of the benefits realized by customers in our Operational Excellence projects are:
- Compliance with internal and government mandated norms on Quality and HSSE
- Process Control to ensure financial reconciliation and audit
- Improved space and asset utilization
- Reduction in total operating cost by 5 – 15 percent
- Improved worker productivity and overall facility performance
- Performance Scorecard and Dashboard systems that help drive benchmarking internally and externally and support early identification of errors